Rock House

map

 

The Rock House, built around 1785 and is the oldest stone residence in Georgia. The design and construction are typical of the New Jersey area from which the Quakers who settled in Wrightsborough came. The house was occupied continuously until the 1930’s. It is now owned by the Wrightsboro Quaker Foundation and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

 

© 2015 Thomson-McDuffie County, GA